We will not be having Saturday practice for the next several weeks. Enjoy the summer.
I just wanted to congratulate Everyone on their successful promotions.
- Lucas Lewis
- Jillian Bergman
- Justin Lightbody
- Anthony Saley
- Arthur Saley
- Miles Lewis
We will have practice this Saturday from 12:30-2:00 at the Sheriff’s Training Center.
Just a reminder that this practice is primarily for adults.
Hope to see everyone there.
It is with great pleasure we announce that Paul Bergman has been promoted to the rank of Shodan. Paul has shown exceptional dedication spirit, focus and a hard working positive attitude that elevates our club.
Congratulations Sensei Paul! You have earned it!
Just a reminder that there will be no practice today due to the holiday.
See everyone Wednesday.
This is a list of reminders provided by Leigh at Pacific regarding the tournament. Everyone please read.
If you have a pickup and plan on helping with mat set up, it would be appreciated if you drive your pickup to the training center just in case we need more pickups. The Sheriff’s training center is located at the old U City Mall on in the valley. Go up the ramp from the Sprague side.
If you are unable to help with the loading of the mats, please feel free to come down to the Convention Center to help lay down mats. 5:30-6pm is
when the pickups/trailers will arrive downtown.
My kiddos will be with me, so if you need to bring yours down, please do so! Unfortunately, we have to find our own parking:( They don’t validate.
will start at 10am. It would be great if you can show up no later than 9:30am. The more people we have helping out, the more we can take breaks.
up to bring food to the hospitality room, please remember to do so. There will be outlets if you need to keep food warm. The hospitality room
to for the referees and all our wonderful volunteers, including those who bring food for the hospitality room. Please accompany your child(ren) to
the hospitality room and identity yourselves as volunteers to Cathy. She doesn’t just let anyone in…….She may be little, but watch out………she
is my watch dog to the hospitality room……she does a wonderful job of managing the room for us.
- There is no admission cost to the tournament, so bring all your family and friends! We would love the support.
- Tournament starts at 10 am. Please plan on being there early so that you can warm up. I suggest by 9 am.
- Girls: Make sure you wear a plain white crew neck t-shirt under your gi. If you don’t have one, take a white t-shirt and turn it inside out. Also, hair must be tied back with a plain hair tie, with no metal.
- Make sure nails and toe nails are clipped.
- Be sure your gi is clean. No blood stains, etc.
- When not on the mats, it is proper judo etiquette to wear flip flops or shoes. Please do not walk around barefoot.
- T-shirts and sweatshirts will be available for sale from Fine Designs.
- Bring your cameras and video cameras. You will be allowed next to the mats for pictures/videos.
Budokan will be holding their tournament on June 7. There entry form and additional info is here.
A couple of weeks ago, Sensei Oleg and I went to Seattle for this.
Watch it here!
Saturday practice will be cancelled for the next several weeks. I have other commitments on Saturdays. I will post again when we resume Saturdays.
See everyone at regular Monday and Wednesdays.